We're Hiring! - General Manager
We're Hiring! - General Manager
August 18th, 2021
V’ni Dansi - General Manager
V’ni Dansi is seeking a permanent full-time General Manager. Working closely with the Artistic Director and supported by the Event Coordinator, the successful candidate will oversee company administration and finances.
V’ni Dansi is a Vancouver-based traditional Métis and contemporary dance company dedicated to sharing the dances, stories and culture of the Métis. Led by Artistic Director Yvonne Chartrand, V’ni Dansi holds the distinction of being the only company in Canada to teach and perform both Métis and contemporary dance. Meaning "Come and Dance" in Mitchif, V’ni Dansi is thrilled to share the Métis people's joyful culture with audiences of all nations.
V'ni Dansi inspires a Mitchif (Métis) worldview through traditional and contemporary dance expressions, preservation and innovation and guided by our ancestor's strength, love and resilience. We aim to share our voice, create a path for our youth and generations to come building on the knowledge and wisdom of our elders and sourcing strength from the medicine wheel four directions, continuing the adventure to build alliances, healing and joy for ourselves, our people, and people of all nations.
You are dedicated to uplifting Métis and Indigenous artistic practice. You have some experience with administrative leadership (minimum 2-3 years). You are highly organized and able to manage multiple projects at once. You have the skills to determine priority of action for the company's activities. You are collaborative, detail-oriented and have great interpersonal skills. You are excited to research and explore
ways of evolution and expansion for the growth of the company. You are open to join our fun-loving family and experience the heart of V'ni Dansi's activities.
Self-identifying as Métis or Indigenous and/or experience living in or working with Indigenous communities will be considered a strong asset.
- Remote work from home with occasional onsite activities
- 35 hour work week, Monday to Friday with some evening and weekend work for special events and meetings
- 4 weeks of vacation annually
- $40,000 - $45,000 annually
- Application deadline: August 31, 2021 or until filled
- Start Date: September 16, 2021 (flexible)
- Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all interested candidates to apply with a resume and cover letter; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Take part in practical aspects of running the society, from planning annual programming to overseeing the execution of individual projects
- In collaboration with the Artistic Director, provide leadership when assisting the Board with the development of long range and annual plans
- Keep projects on schedule and coordinate work flow, ensuring deadlines are met
B. Financial Management
- Oversee preparation of annual budget, regular variance statements and annual audit
- Oversee grant applications and final reporting
- Work with the Artistic Director to balance artistic vision with financial realities
- Provide vision regarding overall financial health of the company
- Maintain bookkeeping
- Oversee fundraising efforts
- Oversees mandated compliance in areas such as government remittances, CADAC, WCB, and CRA charitable reporting
C. HR Management
- Recruit and contract company and project staff
- Supervise and collaborate with Event Coordinator
- Develop and document policy
- Coordinate and attend Board Meetings
D. Marketing and PR
- In collaboration with the Artistic Director, oversee content, production and distribution of all marketing and publicity materials
- Manage advertising opportunities
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Previous experience working in administration
- Previous grant writing experience
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Strong book-keeping ability an asset